Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Nine Months

    Exactly nine months ago today Lilly Elizabeth was born.  I've thought about this day and anticipated it would be much harder than it actually was.  Nine months, almost the exact amount of time I carried her in my tummy has passed since her birth.  I imagined I would be feeling loads of despair today, that with it also being the one year anniversary since Uncle Joel's passing and the week of celebrating our first Thanksgiving without Lilly physically here with us.

    I did have a moment this morning where I just cried allowing myself to feel the pain.  There was of course also moments where I felt torn between feeling joy and being happy and then feeling like that was wrong, that I should be more sad today.  Just a plethora of emotions as always, but mostly today I felt joy and happiness, and I felt that was the right way to feel today.

    It is not always going to be easy and I find that my anticipation is sometimes more emotional than the actual reason for the anticipation.  There are moments where I feel the despair of grief quite strongly, but there are more moments in between where I do not.  I've learned this does not mean that I love her any less, and it does not mean that I have forgotten her or "moved on".  I will never do any of that.  It just means that I am doing just what I need to be doing in order to live a life as a parent surviving one of her children.  My love for Lilly has not subsided in the least and I will always go back and forth through the same emotions I have written about here for the rest of my life.  I love her so much and miss her so much!  No matter what emotion I am going through at the time, that will never change.

12 comments:

  1. Thinking of you, today, Elena, and your sweet Lilly. There is a difference between "moving on" and "moving forward." The first suggests leaving something behind. You will never leave Lilly behind. Keep moving forward.

    Love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big Hugs Elena! I always love to see your sweet Lilly's face when I visit your blog. Such a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grief is a strange thing. You may be OK one minute and the next, something will trigger extreme sadness. Lilly will always be in your heart and some days you will remember things that bring a smile to your face, like remembering her beauty and her bravery to live for a while in spite of a negative medical diagnosis. I pray the holidays go well for you. I am working on those ornaments I told you about - hope to mail them very soon. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always think of you and your family on these days. Praying for you sweet friend! Sending big hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ((HUGS)) my dear friend. Thinking of you always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the nerves leading up to dates seem worse than the actual milestones. Hope your day ended with the same joy and happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think anticipation is much worse.

    Happy 9 months Lilly!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just want to thank you for the kind words you have left me. And I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful angel. You said you pray differently now and I couldn't agree more. My prayers are completely different after losing my boys. ((hugs)) to you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just checking in...sending you love and letting you know I was thinking about you and praying for you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for taking the time to read about my journey and most importantly about my daughter Lilly Elizabeth and her life. I love reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails