Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Six Months!!! (1)

    Today marks six months since our Lilly was born, the day we got to meet her outside of my belly.  Her birthday milestones are not as hard to take as the day she left us, which I anticipate may be a difficult day.  The six month mark is my favorite mark for some unexplainable reason.  I just couldn't wait to get to the six month marks with my babies.  Always was very exciting!  This is a different feeling.  I feel like I should have cried for her today, and yet I have not.

    There was a peace today which I always enjoy when that happens.  I feel that is when I am at the most ease and its just so calming and nice to feel this way.  Our oldest daughter had a couple moments where she said she missed Lilly but I hugged her and she went on playing.  She has a baby doll that she named Lilly and she takes care of her.  She does not say that this baby is her sister, she just says that she named her Lilly after her sister which I find precious.  She has not named the doll before and has had her for a couple years now.  And every time in the past I would ask her what her name was she would just say "baby" which makes me feel like she was just waiting to be named Lilly.

    The last couple weeks starting with the 5 month milestone have been such a whirlwind roller coaster of emotions that hit very hard and very fast and most times out of nowhere.  Which is why I am enjoying this peace.  The peaceful feeling reminds me of when Lilly was here and how there was such calm surrounding her.  Even on the day of her funeral there was just such a peace that came over me and it was amazing.  I yearn for the feeling of peace but I know I just need to ride the waves to get to the calm.

   For now I have that peace and I just relish in it and embrace it, for I know that this could also be the eye of the storm or the uphill climb before the roller coaster starts again.  For now, there is peace.

6 comments:

  1. My sweet friend! I have missed your beautiful and true words. I wonder daily how you are doing and often hope that no news is good news, which I know is wishful thinking some days. This is one continuous roller coaster we are on. I often think that you have three days in a very short time period that make your roller coaster more treacherous. Birthday, Angel day, and Lilly's funeral. Oh what I would give somedays to have had that time between birthday and angel day, then I know it would be even more difficult by some degrees. You are a wonderful mother and are an inspiration to MANY. Love and hugs! I will be thinking of you and praying this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elena, the tears in my eyes right now are tears of gratitude over the peace He has granted to you right now. That roller coaster ride is so hard. Hang on tight...God will see you through the twists and turns.

    You continue to be in my prayers, especially this week. Know that I am remembering you as you remember your sweet Lilly.

    Much love,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so thankful you have peace today. Your beautiful Lilly is at peace in Heaven, too. What a gift you have been given today to have this feeling in your heart.
    Prayers & hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praising God with you for that peace.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad that you had a peaceful day! How sweet that your daughter named her doll Lilly:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you are feeling the peace after going thru such a roller coaster of emotions.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for taking the time to read about my journey and most importantly about my daughter Lilly Elizabeth and her life. I love reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails