Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Anticipation of anniversaries to come

   With Lilly's first heavenly birthday fast approaching I find that I have been on the same roller coaster of emotions as the day I started my journey of grieving.  I was set in what I planned, something private just me, Jim and the kids, a butterfly birthday cake I would attempt to make and frog cupcakes that our oldest son wanted to make for his dear sister.  I also plan on wearing a corsage along with a few women that I feel honored would want to participate in wearing.
 
    Today I found myself unmotivated to make the cake, just the cupcakes with the kids. The fact that Lilly was here on her birthday and lived those 9 months in utero and 6 amazing days 5 precious hours and 30 cherished minutes is such a blessing and makes me happy!  I think the procrastination of what I planned maybe is my way of thinking if I just keep putting it off then the day won't come.

    The one year mark came up so quickly and I guess a little part of me just was not ready for it.  I don't think its something I could prepare for no matter how many plans I made.  Its the first BIG anniversary of many with her Angel Day on the 28th, and Burial Day soon after on March 3rd.

    Earlier I felt that the reason it was so hard for me to plan anything and even implement my planning is because I feel that nothing I do will be adequate enough for Lilly.  I just want to honor her the best way that I can.  I think of her everyday every second as I do with all my children and my husband as well as my parents and loved ones....but I want these anniversaries to have significance because they matter.

   I also am thinking of my dear friend Ann and her daughter Alyssa as she shares the same birthday as Lilly..  She has walked this journey with me and as unfortunate the circumstances are that brought us together, I am grateful to know her and honored she would share Alyssa's life with me.

   For all those that are walking this journey, I thank you for allowing me to walk with you and I think of all of you daily.  There are so many wonderful people I have met and I am grateful to know.  My heart has been  touched by so many of you and I can never thank you enough.

   I know these next few weeks will be very emotional (in fact the whole month of February has been so much so already) and I find that I am glad that I was able to find an outlet for my grief and find so many that have helped comfort me throughout this past year.  I am so humbled by it all.

   I miss my dear Lilly and wish I could hug her and kiss her everyday.

6 comments:

  1. =*********((((

    how I wish we met in blog land talking about raising little girls HERE instead of raising them from Heaven...I am lucky to have you in my life and luckier that our girls are going to have the biggest bestest birthday in Heaven...nothing we do will be *enough* because its not how we should plan a 1st bday party. Like you I have been avoiding even thinking of what to do that day. Everyone started to ask a few weeks ago "what do you plan to do" and thats what got me to thinking a small balloon release just me n anthony on the 23rd and on the 22nd he is working so i will go do her "makeover" for her bday....this has been BY FAR the hardest. I totally know what you mean about grieving from the beginning again...I just cant believe the amount of time that has passed....((((((((((hugs)))))))))) I will be holding you close in my heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. organiser avec votre coeur et se sera tout simplement magnifique. Peut importe que se soit une grande fête, ou seulement votre famille proche, l'essentiel est de vous écouter et de le faire comme vous le ressentez... L'amour que vous portez à votre fille ne sera pas mesurée à la grandeur de sa fête d'anniversaire...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be thinking of you and lifting you up in prayer over the next several weeks.

    I always light a candle on the 28th (honoring Amelia's birthday on July 28th) I plan on lighting an additional one this month for Miss Lilly.

    Big Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be thinking of you and Lilly. I know it can be tough so I'm sending lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking and praying for you and Lilly. I hope the days ahead will be filled with peace in your heart. These big milestones are so hard to handle sometimes.
    No matter what you decide to do, I know she will feel your love.
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for sharing your emotions and heart wrenching journey. I lost a baby at 21weeks and miss my Grace every day. You sharing your story and your beautiful photos, music has in a way helped me relate to the 'journey' and helped me know I am unfortunately not alone, but have found strength in your honesty and I follow your blog now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for taking the time to read about my journey and most importantly about my daughter Lilly Elizabeth and her life. I love reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails