Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Addition to last post:grieving in our own way

    I wanted to explicate a little on the quote I included in my last post and how it was in regards to how I feel about my grief.  It in no way means that I judge how anyone chooses to grieve. I've just had several instances in which individuals have tried to get me to stifle my grief because for them its easier to not talk about Lilly and their feelings on missing her, therefore I felt the quote that I had stumbled upon that day embodied how I felt about my grief.

    I am a firm believer in that we all must grieve our loved ones in what way fits us best. Whatever way we choose to grieve individually is best.  I want to be clear that I in no way judge others on how they choose to grieve.  I just was simply stating that the quote was perfect in describing how I am grieving.  I understand we all grieve in our own way, and I would not try to talk anyone out of the way they choose to grieve. It is in having those instances with certain individuals where I can not help but think how I would like the same respect in the way I choose to grieve my daughter.

   I apologize if I offended anyone in any way, for that was not my intention.  I should have thought farther ahead regarding the words in the quote.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Elena, don't apologize! You can't please everyone with what you write. I've learned to stop trying! lol I'm assuming someone didn't like what you wrote and let you know about it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for taking the time to read about my journey and most importantly about my daughter Lilly Elizabeth and her life. I love reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails