Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

    I meant to post something but we were out of town and I did not have time to schedule the post to appear yesterday and I thought we would be home in time for me to get to do it but we ended up getting home late.  Father's day was an ok day for my husband.  I felt awful because I had a fever and was in bed at one point with a 102.  I had a fever a week and a half ago lots of pain no other symptoms (sneezing, coughing, sore throat).  I'm better now.

    My husband wanted to spend Father's Day with his dad and so we went to visit his parents this weekend.  It was a fun weekend (minus the fever).  They had a cookout and so lots of food.  I ached for my husband this weekend as I knew this would be his first Father's Day without Lilly.  I knew there was nothing I could do but I just hurt for him so bad and that I could not do anything to take his pain away.

    I wish my husband's Father's day was better than just OK but considering he was grieving the loss of Lilly its understandable.  Also I wanted to say that I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband and father for our children.  He is a great dad and so loving and caring.  He always puts us first even though he puts so many hours in at work.  He's very quick to clean our home and assist me with our children.  I fall in love with him more and more every day which one would think wouldn't be possible, but it is.

    Happy Belated Father's Day to all the dads out there.  Many thoughts to those who are fathers to children in heaven and those who are expecting little ones on the way.

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon. I am glad that Father's day was not too rough for your husband. It is so hard to celebrate and grieve at the same time. God is good to give us these husbands to walk this road with. Thinking of you this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better...that is a high fever! I am glad that you have such a great husband. Hugs to him and happy belated father's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Father's day to your hubby! Sorry you weren't feeling well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for taking the time to read about my journey and most importantly about my daughter Lilly Elizabeth and her life. I love reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails