I got a blog award and thought I would post it. Thanks to Holly at Caring For Carleigh. Holly's daughter Carleigh Mckenna was diagnosed with anencephaly. Carleigh was due April 17, 2009 and went to be with our Lord on March 28, 2009.
The rules of this award are:
1. copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. list who gave the award to you and use a link to her/his blog (or hyperlink).
3. list 10 things that make you happy.
4. pass the award on to other bloggers
Ok, in no particular order, here are 10 things (besides the obvious God and family) that make me happy…
1) Starbuck's coffee - its an indulgence I allow myself every now and then-my favorite flavor is White Chocolate Mocha
2) Hot baths – It’s relaxing, I like to light candles and turn the lights off, play music or not, and just lay my head back with a warm wash cloth over my eyes
3) Reading a good book-I love to read
4) Doing my nails, either professionally or at home. We have nail day with the kids where I cut their nails (the boy's) and paint mine and my oldest daughter's nails.
5) Rice Krispy treats-yum!!!
6) Shopping - its rare but I love it!!!
7) Hugs-I love giving and receiving hugs.
8) Writing poems and songs-its a good outlet for my emotions
9) Journaling-I have my own personal and one for each of the FOUR of my children.
10) Singing-to my kids at night or just in the car or at home when I'm by myself.
And now here are people I am passing it on to:
Cynthia @ Our Journey for Olivia Ryan
Mama Melissa @ Amelia Grace Lorang
Hannah Rose @ Hannah Rose
Jennifer @ Eli's Valley
Mary @ The Youngs
April @ Our Broken Hearts