Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

NILMDTS Pictures!!!!

We got the CD/DVD of pictures taken at Lilly's birth by our NILMDTS (Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep) Photographer. She did a wonderful job!!! It was so exciting to get more pictures of her. My husband and I were of course in tears watching the DVD of pictures set to the song One More Day by Rocket Club. Again, I want to say; AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!!
She did so well at capturing our little angel. Words can not describe how grateful we are to have keepsakes such as photos of Lilly, especially when we can't hold our angel today. :*(.
The kids got to see the DVD this afternoon and we let them watch it three times as they kept requesting to view it over and over. They get so excited seeing pictures of Lilly; I do as well. There is a picture of my husband and his little girls and its just such a beautiful picture. Each one is my favorite in so many ways.
With the collection of photos I plan to scrap book them and make albums as well. There are so many projects I want to be able to work on but they will take time as I am going to be returning to the work force soon. But that's ok if they take a lifetime as anything I can do regarding Lilly will help me keep her memory alive and it will help me as far as missing my sweet angel.
As time goes by I miss her MORE and MORE which may not seem possible to those who have fortunately not lost a child, but it happens. Time will not heal this wound, but I wouldn't want it to. As I have said before, I want to remember her and if the pain of missing Lilly means remembering her, then that's what I'll do for my lifetime. For those of you who are willing and have been willing to take this journey with us thank you. We are very grateful to not be forgotten. And words could never express the gratitude I have for those of you not wanting to forget Lilly by still talking about her and not "moving on" as she did exist and her life meant a LOT!!! Its more painful when people don't acknowledge she was a part of our lives. Its a pain that will hurt forever, a forever pain as I call it. Nothing will change that. Yes we are aware that life goes on and we have other children here still with us we have to be there for. We have not forgotten that. We take care of what needs to be done and we still laugh and smile and interact with the world especially our living children. We just miss Lilly at the same time and that's OK and should be understandable.

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited you got your pictures and that you all love them! I bet they are beautiful!

    You're right, time does heal. God heals and with time it gets easier to deal with the grief but we will never stop loving or missing them. There will always be a place in our hearts that holds them close. A year later I still think of Carleigh every day. I'm sure I still will 5 and 10 and even 20 years later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that you got your pictures. My son Julian loves to watch Sami's video all the time. I am so thankful for all the pictures I have. Treasure them and love them.
    Lily will always be in your heart. Life moves on that is true but that in no way means that you will ever forget her. She will always live in spirit and be a part of you forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for taking the time to read about my journey and most importantly about my daughter Lilly Elizabeth and her life. I love reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails