Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Skate Night

The kids and I went skating this evening. I'm glad we did. Lilly being here has helped loosen me up about things like that. I used to avoid going out anywhere with all three children by myself. Even if we were meeting friends. Now, I'm game for it cause you just never know what tomorrow may bring. She has taught me how short life truly can be and to not take one moment for granted. It was a chance for fun and I took it for me and for the children. We made a memory tonight!! Skating was super fun!!! I haven't been skating in such a long time, I think the last time was probably maybe high school, but not at a skating rink since I was a kid. It was fun!!! I can't believe I even remembered how to skate. It was like riding a bike, a little shaky but I got the hang of it. My emotions were a bit shaky as well, I did almost shed tears while skating, bittersweet tears. But it was all ok. It's ok to smile, to laugh, to cry, its ok to feel it all at once too. There will always be moments like that.
I even got to skate backwards. We met up with friends of ours and their kids and hung out for the evening. It was awesome!!! I felt Lilly was with us watching us at times and that made the night even better. I know that she won't get to skate with us but just knowing that she can see us is a great feeling and being able to feel her with us.
We brought a camera with us but right when we got there it got dropped and broke so no pictures of the youngest two's first time at a skating rink. They have skated with their little skates that my mom bought them inside our home, but not at an actual skating rink. I like how there is a place for the slower skaters so that the younger two were able to skate freely.
They are so independent...they both did not want to hold hands and skated pretty good. Our oldest daughter was off on her own and far ahead of me when not with friends. Our youngest son soon followed suit. I am so glad that we had such a great night!! Thank you to our friends who were so amazing and helpful I truly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I could not have done it without y'all (all of you!)
I am probably going to be so SORE later but it was well worth it. Thanks for the great advice (you know who you are) about alternating ice pack and heating pad on my incision area or stomach muscles as they are still healing :). To my darling youngest daughter Lilly, it was an amazing night and its nice to know that you are there with us. I love you and will ALWAYS think of you daily and especially when we have moments as a family like tonight!!! You are LOVED and ALWAYS in our hearts!!! Even your oldest older brother mentioned you tonight, so you are definitely thought of as you well know.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a great night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. were you celebrating mine and Andrew's birthday? ;) Skating sounds so fun! I can just imagine the 2 little ones, especially Miss Independent. *HUG*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you were able to enjoy yourself. I love days like that. Did you my email? I took a picture of Lily's name on Easter. Let me know, if not email me at lisarry99@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment and for taking the time to read about my journey and most importantly about my daughter Lilly Elizabeth and her life. I love reading what you have to say.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails